12.11.09

Skinny waist, fat booty

So, here's a little show and tell about my lack of sewing knowledge. Say I have a sweatshirt that I have forced into the shape of a pair of pants. And then say I have used the collar trim as an elastic waist band. And then say I have to sew the two misfits together into a harmoniously gathered little waist.

How do I do that?

I buy a leprechaun and pay him sweatshop wage to figure it out. The End.

No, really what I do to force the two different circumferences into alignment is wrap them both around a book, pin them, remove the book and then baste that business.



Where's the 'After' picture, you ask? I would post it but I ran into a crazy secret knotty seam somewhere in there and my serger made *sproing* and pieces flew everywhere. I made the leprechaun recover all of them and we are in the process of re-attachment at the time of this post.

This is not the last you will see of these pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment