28.2.12

"Shuz"

"Those shuz are MINE!"

Baby shoes are really hard to make!  I know you're looking at these little buggers and thinking, 'how hard can it be to take apart a pair of Robeez from the thrift store and sew it all back together?' (Hey wait, that's a good idea).  

Well, since I just always haaaave to line things, these are lined, with a gray suede sole and have 4 different fabrics in them.  Now, if I had an industrial straight stitcher that could power through all this without demons, surely it would have been much easier.  Maybe I should talk nicer to my machine in these times of trial- where I'm holding 4 layers of different fabric together with different stretches and sewing around the curve of the baby-sized heel.  I always berate it.  I'm totally brandist and make remarks about how if I had a Juki instead of a cheap Singer, I wouldn't be having this problem.

Anyway. Shuz.

For the baby boy:










Hard to get a shot with shuz in action, but here's a close one (/pegleg).



5 comments:

  1. A) What a chunkerbutt.
    B) You are just crankin' it out lately, eh?
    C) Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Blog - Can't believe it's taken me this long to find it :) Love these shoes! I have been making baby shoes lately and your right not as easy as they look hey, the heels are killers! I look forward to "following" you :) Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm working on a pattern, stay tuned :)

      Delete
  4. Those ARE cute! Glad I took the time to look for them. Stupendous.

    ReplyDelete